Re: thinking about our existing users

Hi Matthias,

Le mardi 08 juillet 2008, à 14:33 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> I just noticed that half the directory files in gnome-menus got
> renamed for superficial reasons this cycle.
> That needlessly breaks menu-editing for existing installations. Please
> keep our existing users (and distributions) in mind while doing this
> kind of stuff.

Hrm, that's bad indeed. I can revert that, although it's a bit more
difficult than it seems (because of potential file conflict with other
desktops, and the new names should make those conflicts less
problematic).

I'm a bit surprised that it breaks menu editing, though. Or does it
"only" break stuff as in "users apparently lose their changes" (which is
still bad)?

Thanks,

Vincent

--