Re: maintainer scripts

John Stowers wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 23:35 +0200, daniel g. siegel wrote:
>> hello!

Hi :)

>> i just found some scripts like maintainer.py, list-translator.sh and so
>> on.. does anybody use them for rolling your own tarballs?
>
> I use a slightly modified version of maintainer.py to do NEWS updates,
> release notes prep, etc.

Is it some work that can patch the original maintainer script? If so I
would love to do that so you don't have to have a separate maintained
version.

> The workflow I use when making a release is
> http://www.conduit-project.org/wiki/MakingARelease

Interesting.

Just in case you didn't know, step #7 can be done for you by
maintainer.py, for example:

  maintainer.py -g GOSSIP_0_31 --confirm

Also, not long ago, I added the -m option to generate the release email.

Right now I really am not sure about how to do the NEWS properly. Since
the bug report section of the release note is usually different to the
NEWS but you want it all in the NEWS file too and that isn't written
until you release. I would appreciate any suggestions here if you have
them.

--
Regards,
Martyn