Re: Name vs GenericName (again)

Hey,

> This way, we'll have "Movie Player" when only totem is installed, and
> "Totem Movie Player" and "VLC Movie Player" when totem and vnc are
> installed.

One usability concern -- imagine that a novice user is comfortable using
Movie Player to play her DVDs, and installs VLC because a friend
recommended it.  With this change, Movie Player will no longer exist
after installing VLC, and the menu will contain Totem Movie Player and
VLC Movie Player.  Obviously this could be pretty confusing, as the user
didn't want to change Movie Player, but only add VLC Movie Player.

I'm not saying that this is particularly solvable, but I just wanted to
throw the concern out there.

Best,

-Brad