Re: Proposed module: conduit

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 14:20 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 11:24 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > <snip>
> >> Also, shouldn't this be integrated into particular applications?
> >> Shouldn't Evolution have a sync menu item, replacing it's current awful
> >> gnome-pilot synchronization feature.
> >
> > It might be awful but it's working.

As I know, gnome-pilot depends on pilot-link which supports palmOS based
PDA only. http://www.pilot-link.org/

"pilot-link is a suite of tools used to connect your Palm or PalmOS®
compatible handheld with Unix, Linux, and any other POSIX-compatible
machine. pilot-link works with all PalmOS® handhelds, including those
made by Handspring, Sony, and Palm, as well as others."

So it is not a surprise that it doesn't work on your new phone if it is
not palmOS based.

But it works quite well on those palmOS based PDAs as we tested before.

Harry

--

Harry Lu Sun COM
Solaris Desktop Group, Sun Microsystems