Password-less login with gnome-system-tools

A month ago, I wrote [1] to the gnome-system-tools list proposing to
implement a nice feature: password-less connections via GDM and
gnome-screensaver (see the original message for details and
explanations). I got a quick answer from Carlos Garnacho, the g-s-t
maintainer, giving me a hint to achieve this easily.

I've proposed a rough patch [2] in the same thread, in hope I'd get
comments and help. But still nothing has come, and I couldn't get any
anwser!

Would somebody care about this and tell me what I should change or
improve in order to get this committed? I cannot do this alone, and it
would be very cool we get this easy-to-add feature in 2.24.

Best regards

1:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/system-tools-list/2008-May/msg00000.html
2: