Re: Should GNOME apps support a --geometry option?

2008/6/18 Matthew Barnes <mbarnes redhat com>:
> I think I'm correct in saying the GConf approach is preferred, but are
> there use cases for supporting a --geometry option as well?  Perhaps
> just for consistency across apps?

I can't think of any reason why that couldn't be a part of gtk_init(),
that way it'd be supported not only in GNOME but in every GTK+ app.
After all, the ability to define initial window size can be quite
handy for any application. Specially in scripting situations.

Maybe this should be proposed on gtk-devel?

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi