Re: Need Leadership

søn, 29 06 2008 kl. 02:33 -0500, skrev Diego Escalante Urrelo:
> What if we hack a twitter like thing for GNOME where we can drop a
> line about what are we doing now or we did this week in GNOME, or
> maybe just a random thought.

I think this is a cool idea, especially if developers would also drop
comments on their random ideas, questions, notes etc. For instance, a
developer could ask how to use a particular API, or share an idea for a
new project and others could add suggestions, or note the lack of a
function or feature in a particular module, which someone then might
pick up on and implement etc.

Mikkel Kamstrup briefly touched on a very similar idea in a recent blog
post (http://www.grillbar.org/wordpress/?p=283 ) and I do think he is
right that integrating it with the desktop via e.g. Empathy would make
it more attractive to use (for both readers and contributors) - but I
guess Twitter could be a way to get started.

--
Anders Feder <lists anders feder dk>