Re: Any proposal for a small HCI-related university project?

Hi Luca,

Luca Vezzaro wrote:
> I've been asked to do a small project for a Human-Computer Interaction
> university course, and while I could easily write some throw-away code
> just to make the professors happy, I will gladly make something which
> can be of real use to the community.

What is te goal of your project? What lessons are you supposed to learn
from your course? HCI is such a general subject that it's hard to say
how the goals of your project might be aligned with the project.

> I have about two weeks of time for completing the project, but given I
> can focus almost exclusively one the user interface I should be able
> to do reasonable amount of work.
> In addition, once I'm done with the exams for this trimester I could
> continue to work on the project, if needed.

Perhaps in two weeks, you could do a usability review of an application
and create a number of patches to address your top 5 complaints?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary