Re: Module proposal: Conduit for GNOME 2.24

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 12:03 -0700, Eitan Isaacson wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Conduit in it's current state is not accessible. Is there a way to
> create and modify groups and items without using the mouse? This of
> course is a very basic access issue.
>
> Not less important, the canvas in which all the groups and items are
> reviewed and edited is inaccessible to assistive technologies. For this
> to be accessible, there needs to be keyboard navigation, and proper ATK
> interfaces implemented. I am not sure how possible this is to do
> directly in python[1].
>
> I would give this a +1 if the devs think they could make Conduit
> accessible by 2.24.

I will have to look into (py)goocanvas to see how/if it supports ATK,
and what I will need to do to hook into this. Does anyone have some
experience with this sort of thing?

In an ideal world, I expected the Gtk+ team to have decided on a new
Canvas by now, so I could switch to using that.

John