=?WINDOWS-1252?Q?Re:_Quotation_marks:_Using_=93=94_instead_of_""?=

Ysgrifennodd Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>:
> Sort order, comparisons, printing, string lengths when using locale aware
> functions, and no doubt a few more that for the moment have escaped me.
>
> Use the tools to spec and you get reliable predictable results, do
> otherwise and it all gets sloppy and buggy. Would you rely on undefined C
> behaviour in Gnome code ?

I'm surprised that it's been a whole day and nobody's jumped out
saying "Non-ASCII encodings for source strings in gettext files are
broken?  Why, what a perfect opportunity to switch to xliff!"

Thomas Thurman, tthurman at gnome, http://blogs.gnome.org/tthurman
You'll be lucky.