jhbuild, dbus and gnome-session

Hi.

I'm trying to figure out how to use a jhbuild session toghether with the
system provided dbus, hal, cairo etc. I'm running fedora development
snapshots most of the time and I have the latest vesions of the external
dependencies so I don't see the need to build these again in jhbuild.

The problem is that this isn't working out as great as I planned :-)

I can log in and everything looks ok, but some programs fail to
communicate with the session manager apparently. I tried running
gnome-session-properties and was rewarded with this:

(gnome-session-properties:17959): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting
to session manager:
Could not open network socket.

strace says:

connect(10, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path=@/tmp/.ICE-unix/17444}, 23) = -1
ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)

I think this also is what's leading to a hang when I log out. The panel
seems to quit and after that the desktop just hangs there. Nautilus is
usable, but the logout process seems to have stopped and I have some
defunct processes hanging around.

I'll gladly provide more information if someone can point me in the
right direction. That is if this is supposed to work at all.

Btw, I have set $prefix/var/run/dbus to be a symlink to /var/run/dbus

Cheers
Kjartan