off topic; HELP! I cannot create a terminal window in gnome.

Sorry for not being a development issue unless you consider modifying gnome
so those stupid enough to do what  I have done can't do it anymore.

What I did was experiment with terminal window profiles to learn how useful
they were.  I somehow set up my only terminal window profile to close
immediately upon opening.  Thus I cannot open any terminal windows.
Since I use them all the time this is a major pain.  For now I just
created a new user for myself (on ubuntu) but this is not acceptable.
This has happened on my work machine so I need my original name
back.