Re: new module proposal: brasero

Il giorno mer, 05/11/2008 alle 13.33 +0100, Josselin Mouette ha scritto:

> Don’t get me wrong: I love to see people working on improving our CD
> burning suite. But thinking of it as a standalone application, à la
> Nero, is a regression.

So we have two different issues.

** Issue #1  **

        We want a standard, well behaving, full featured GNOME framework
        for burning.

        Solutions:
              * add missing features in nautilus-cd-burner (and ask
                Brasero developers to use it)
              * drop nautilus-cd-burner and switch to Brasero (if
                Brasero is the "right" framework and can replace n-c-b
                as library)

** Issue #2 **

        Do we want an additional standalone burning application à la
        Nero in GNOME Desktop?

        Solutions:
        None, this will depend on release team ;-)

        OK, serious. Dunno. A "standalone burning application à la Nero"
        maybe is not in the scope of a _basic_ desktop environment,
        probably a "GNOME Extra" moduleset is a more appropriate place
        (if we choose to keep n-c-b as burning framework, of course).
        But any past "GNOME Extra" project failed, and Brasero is really
        simple compared to other standalone burning application, it's
        really helpful for any non trivial burning workflow (i.e. insert
        a blank disk, auto-open file manager window, drag'n'drop files,
        clic Burn).