Re: New module proposal for GNOME 2.26: Libgda

2008/11/17 Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 12:57 +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 11:56:01AM +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> > I would like to propose Libgda as a new external dependency for GNOME 2.26.
>
> Why? Which applications want to use this?
>
> > Libgda is used by Anjuta's Symbol-db plugin and Glom.
>
> Glom is not part of GNOME. What is the purpose of having this as
> external dependency?

Anjuta, which wants to use libgda, is in the developer tools release
set:
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointTwentyfive/DevelTools

> I recall this was proposed before, but too lazy too read up on it.

It was proposed as a platform module. That was not wise and still isn't.
I don't see a problem with it being an external dependency.

It's proposed as an external dependency, not a platform module...