Re: External dependencies, DeviceKit-power and GNOME Power Manager

On Tue, 2008-11-25 at 12:47 +0100, Denis Washington wrote:
> Richard Hughes wrote:
> > DeviceKit-power and DeviceKit-disks just depend on the trivial DeviceKit
> > daemon which is a thin dbus wrapper around udev.
> >

> As udev is Linux-specific AFAIK, is there support for any other Unix
> platform in DeviceKit? If we lost FreeBSD support for instance, that
> would be a regression (hal works there).

Not to mention just like Consolekit it requires some tweaking to work on
Linux distros. From what i remember lot's of distros like Debian and
Gentoo required some changes on HAL to get it working. Someone from
Gentoo please correct me but Consolekit isn't still working on Gentoo.
So i would appreciate that these new projects get more feedback from
distributors and other OS like FreeBSD and Solaris.