Re: Silly wallpaper hack (or "get yourself a PlayStation 3")

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 11:22 PM, Soeren Sandmann <sandmann daimi au dk> wrote:
> As you say, the current animated background support doesn't do exactly
> what you want, but I do have Long Term Plans(tm) for something like
> it.
>
> Basically, I want to change the XML format to contain a more
> generalized description of backgrounds, including various types of
> animations. Solid colors and images and so on, would be first class
> objects that could be operated on by operators such as "blend" etc.
>
> But yes, "Long Term Plan" means in that in all likelihood I am not
> going to work on it. I'll be happy to review patches though.

Still the Long Term Plan does not seem to cover being able to pick
just any background and have it just change the bg color over time ;)

I was not heading towards a configurable approach, rather a nice to
have default with pleasant colors.

--
Patryk Zawadzki