Re: New module proposal: gnome-user-share

Juan Jesús Ojeda Croissier wrote:

> And what about Cherokee?
>
> http://www.cherokee-project.com
>
> It's small, modular, very light and easy to run as a user in specific
> port (to avoid bother system web servers, for example)
>
> http://www.cherokee-project.com/doc/bundle_cherokee-worker.html

Sure, but the point is not about the code size (as Bastien noted
Apache is just two or three megabytes) but about distribution
policies to start installed services by default.  And their policies
apply to Cherokee just like to other webservers...

Bastien already wrote about Fedora policy, httpd is disabled by
default.  I know that Debian policy is to consider that the user
installing a server wants it to be started.  From what I read of
Patryk, PLD Linux also starts Apache on installation.  What about
others ?  I guess Red Hat is like Fedora, and Ubuntu is like Debian,
but what about SuSE ?

        Frederic