Re: Prototyping the next generation panel?

2008/10/28 Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de>
Hi!

So after I finally got to read
http://live.gnome.org/Boston2008/GUIHackfest/WindowManagementAndMore and
vuntz blogpost I was wondering if there is already a place where the
prototyping of the new panel is happening. I guess quite some people
would be interested. (And I would also love if we would use some faster
prototyping language then C and if we intend to use clutter or
whatever...)

Have a talk with Neil Patel about avant window navigator.

I understand that he is currently working on refactoring AWN such that it becomes more like a panel, less like a dock, but I am sure that he can explain that a lot better than I.

Personally I would not be sad if AWN were to replace gnome-panel all together (in the default install), but thats a story for another day.

John

Thanks and regards,
Johannes