Re: DVCS

Zeeshan Ali Khattak wrote:
Hi everyone!
  I remember that at GUADEC, we were seriously thinking about
migrating to git but the decision was postponed on Mark Shuttleworth's
request. It's been some months since that and we are still stuck with
SVN. AFAIK both git and bazaar have very strong supporters in our
community so the only way I see out of this is:

1. Get someone (known and trusted) to volunteer to set-up and maintain
the repository. I think Olav likes bazaar so he would volunteer for
that?
2. Assuming that we get volunteers for both the repository types, we
simply vote amongst the top 50 contributers (i myself most probably
don't count :))

+1

  Lets not turn this into yet another bazaar vs. git war cause we
already had plenty of that and nothing good comes out of that.

Right, let's avoid that. No technical discussion in this thread please.

Johan