Re: GNOME-panel, more precisely GNOME-clock issues

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 19:19 +0530, shirish wrote:
> Hi all,
>       The change in GNOME 2.24 specifically the gnome-clock applet
> made lot of people angry/sad whatever and made the user experience a
> little less enjoyable.  I'm sure people have put up bug-reports and
> perhaps there is also some good plan to get it working again but I do
> not know if there is . Hence I have blogged about what I felt are the
> issues from a user perspective at
> http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/2008/10/30/rant-gvfs-gnome-clock-issues/
>
> Feel free to rip it out, add what you know to it or/and share when you
> think we would get a better user-experience then now and the way out.

All the changes you mention were already part of GNOME 2.22. I agree
that the "add location" dialogue might be a bit complicated, but you
certainly don't need to add longitude and latitude by hand...

If a town (usually a town with an airport) is missing, file a bug
against libgweather.