Re: GDM version used for GNOME 2.24?

#1 reason why my friends drool for GNOME: you can switch themes (that
includes gdm and desktop for them).

I confirm that there's a mass of people that actually change GDM
themes just because they want to, first thing I do in every computer I
install is to remove the ugly Ubuntu gdm theme and put something else.

Just take a look at art.gnome.org:
  http://art.gnome.org/themes/gdm_greeter/

If it wasn't important, people would not be theming it like crazy, I
humbly think we shouldn't take this feature like a trivial one, just
look at how many users get to the point of sharing what they do with
it. We shouldn't remove that from the community.

Don't understimate this kind of stuff.