Re: GTK adjustement changes create incompatible behaviour between versions?

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 4:39 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> Le jeudi 18 septembre 2008, à 22:25 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
>> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 4:36 AM, Sebastien Bacher <seb128 ubuntu com> wrote:
>>

>> > Would it be possible to reconsider this change? That's somewhat a
>> > compatibility breakage and will create issues in lot of softwares.
>> > If the change is right it would be nice to let a cycle for applications
>> > to be updated to the new behaviour before using it, there is thousand of
>> > GTK applications around and reviewing those for incorrect adjustement
>> > usages is going to take a while.
>> >

>> I've put this on the agenda for the next gtk team meeting on Sept 23.
>
> Note that discussing this on Sept 23 means the decision will be too late
> for GNOME 2.24.0.
>
> If this is a major issue, we should either reach consensus that GTK+
> should revert this ASAP or decide to fix all our .glade/.ui files now.
> The latter won't help with applications we don't maintain, though.

I don't see any way around discussing this with the GTK+ team before
taking any decisions. If you think this is a blocker for 2.24, then
having it reverted on September 23 should still be good for a Gnome
release on September 24.

Ultimatively, it comes down to the question if 'blocker' makes any
sense if strict adherence to the schedule is the overarching concern.