Re: Testing dark themes and marking deprecated widgets

Am Dienstag, den 30.09.2008, 08:24 -0500 schrieb Shaun McCance:
> On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 14:02 +0300, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> > 2008/9/30 Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>:
> > > Le mardi 30 septembre 2008, à 12:31 +0200, Benjamin Berg a écrit :
> > [snip]
> > >
> > > I like the idea. But I would guess distros would patch this out :/ Maybe
> > > we can do some opt-in thing, with a gconf key or a file somewhere in
> > > $HOME that would enable this kind of stuff so that users of distros can
> > > still participate in this kind of testing if they want?
> >
> > +1 from me for the idea. If I understood correctly it would only be a
> > theme switch, so I don't think you'd need too elaborate opt-out
> > mechanism for that.

Great idea indeed!

> More likely it will result in a bunch of "New Gnome theme
> is ugly" bug reports by people who, well, just don't know.

Guess its a matter of communication.

In worst case we have to find a way to prominently print "Beta Theme,
visit http://live.gnome.org/BetaTheme for information." over the
desktop?

Ciao,
Mathias
--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>
Openismus GmbH: http://www.openismus.com/