Re: Testing dark themes and marking deprecated widgets

Hi,

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 12:31 +0200, Benjamin Berg wrote:

> Do you think that exposing deprecated widgets and theme related bugs
> like this is a good idea?

I very much welcome the idea of testing applications against a dark
theme. That sounds like a great idea to me.

But I don't think that exposing deprecated widgets in the theme is a
good idea. If developers care about deprecated widgets, they should
compile their software with GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED and friends. It's not
the job of the theme to warn about the use of deprecated widgets.

Sven