Signalling when the desktop is loaded

Hello,

So I was talking briefly to vuntz in irc yesterday about wanting to have
some kind of mechanism to find out when the desktop session is ready
(ie, not once Nautilus and panel are launched, but when they are
actually pretty usable and done loading stuff).

In terms of the panel, vuntz suggested maybe adding a signal in
panel_applet_queue_initial_unhide_toplevels() under org.gnome.Panel.

In Nautilus there is FMDesktopIconView "end_loading" signal that seems
to work well.

It would be nice to have a single signal that could be emitted once both
of these are finished, so I wanted to post here and see what others
think and get suggestions on where this might be done.

/ Cody