Re: totem movie player enhancement

Hi,

> * a LIBRARY in so as to keep track of all the files played once in the
> player for easy future access.
That could be a nice idea for a plug-in.  Look at how the plug-ins
(which are located in the sidebar in UI) are implemented.

> * a Cutting tool to save video from a specified starting position to
> Ending position
This is something that may not fit into Totem's feature set.  Totem is a
video player.  If you want a video editor, you should have a look at
pitivi.  It already have this feature.

> I would also like to add some buttons like
>
>       * skip forward
>       * skip backward
>       * screen shot
>       * stop
>       * fullscreen
> in the  front end.
If I  recall well, there is no Stop button in Totem by design.  There is
actually no need for a stop button in an electronic media player: you
are not physically stopping the tape.

> I'm a beginner so any help will be thankful
> I  dont know how to start this project .

You will find the source code for Totem here:
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/totem/trunk/

If you have further questions, I suggest your write to the
gnome-love gnome org mailing list, which is specifically there for
beginners.  You will also find a lot of information needed to get
started there: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove

Have fun, and welcome to Gnome!

Pierre-Luc