Re: [URGENT] wrong gconf key description in gnome-session

Il giorno gio, 12/02/2009 alle 14.49 -0500, Matthias Clasen ha scritto:
> 2009/2/12 Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>:
> > In gnome-session schema file there is a string that we forgot to fix:
> >
> >        List of components that are required as part of the session.
> >        (Each element names a key under
> >        "/desktop/gnome/session/required-components".) The Session
<snip>
> Sounds fine to me to change the wrong key name. But is the description
> factually true ? The last time I checked, gnome-session would not
> bring
> nautilus back when I killed it, until I added the autorestart key to
> the nautilus desktop file.

Tried in my jhbuild sandbox
      * nautilus - X-GNOME-AutoRestart=true X-GNOME-Provides=filemanager
        - is restarted
      * gnome-panel - no AutoRestart, no Provides - is restarted
      * metacity - X-GNOME-Provides=windowmanager - is not restated

hmmm... we have a problem...

> > PS also note that /schemas/apps/gnome-session/options/logout_option
> > GConf key is no longer used (it refers to old, all-in-one logout
<snip>
> I don't see any reason to keep the schema around if gnome-session is
> no longer using it. Why would you ?

Dunno, here is a policy about no longer used gconf keys? Nautilus still
provides its own old and deprecated key for icon theme, but maybe there
is some kind of versioning in nautilus gconf keys.

If remove the gnome-session key is hurtless, I'm for remove it