Re: Pleasantness [was: Re: Sound effects]

Ross Burton wrote:
On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 17:24 +0000, Calum Benson wrote:
On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 19:08 +0100, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
Then we can build on top of that to provide locations so you can
switch the usage profile, the proxy configuration, VPN settings and
other stuff basing on where you sit (and get bonus points for
detecting locations basing on stuff like current wireless network).
Anyway that's a whole different story and does not belong in this
thread.
This sounds a lot like Marco Polo for MacOS, which I started cloning as
Shackleton (http://burtonini.com/bzr/shackleton/).
And FWIW, it's also what NWAM does (well, will do shortly) in OpenSolaris.
<http://opensolaris.org/os/project/nwam/p1spec/Location_Spec/>

Interesting.  Is this going to be open source?
 Funny :) Isn't it says opensolaris.org ?

-Ghee
Note that Shackleton is more than network location, contexts can be
keyed on: day of week, time of day, wireless network, gconf key, power
source, mounted volumes, connected devices, machines on the local
network or bluetooth devices in range.

This does make a UI somewhat tricky to write though. :)

Ross