Re: GNOME 2.26 module inclusion discussion heats up

Luca Ferretti wrote:

> In GNOME 2.24 we have
>
>         * gnome-volume-control (AKA gst-mixer) from gnome-media
>         * gnome-sound-properties from gnome-control-center
>         * mixer_applet2 from gnome-applets
>
> In current development release we have (at least it seems to me):
>
>      A. With pulseaudio
>               * gnome-volume-control (NEW, not the previous one) from
>                 gnome-media
>               * gnome-volume-control-applet from gnome-media (new, a
>                 notification icon, not a real panel applet like the
>                 previous one)
>
>      B. Without pulseaudio
>               * gnome-volume-control (AKA gst-mixer) from gnome-media

Right.

> So it seems to me that we should officially promote pulseaudio as
> official dep, or readd volume control applet and audio capplet
> somewhere.

It was almost an officially approved dependency already, by virtue of
libcanberra, that was accepted for 2.24.  I added it, as well as its
dependencies (speex and libsndfile) in JHBuild in this revision:

  http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/jhbuild?view=revision&revision=2620

        Frederic