Re: GNOME 2.26 module inclusion discussion heats up

What really PA needs is some kind of "great switch" for
advanced/troubled users. I admit I wasn't found about PA in the past,
but now it works. Sure it has quirks but it is really nice feature to
"Free Desktop".

However, I think there should be some kind of checkbox or button in
Sound caplet which would give dialog where I can switch between
PA/JACK/Simple ALSA or whatever is needed. Then it would cover other
corner cases - where PA is still glitchy, or people who would like to
record something - like using JACK - but still doing it in GUI. And
yes, I am tired to kill PA processes when I have to run DVD on gxine
(waiting for gst DVD stuff to be completed) :)

Just few ideas,
Peter.