Re: The future of the gstreamer volume-control applet.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 3:53 AM, Callum McKenzie
<callum spooky-possum org> wrote:
> Three weeks ago I removed the gstreamer-based volume-control applet from
> the gnome-applets package at the request of the gnome-media crew. I then
> sat on the sidelines to see how the drama would play out. Now that the
> dust seems to have settled, I have decided to accommodate people
> (especially distro-people) who still don't Believe in pulseaudio. I have
> reinstated the applet, but it must be explicitly enabled.

Thank you

> I intend doing some minor cleanup on the mixer, but I do not intend
> doing serious development work unless it becomes clear that the
> gnome-media version is not working out (hopefully it will).

I hope too, having 2 applets is not good on the long term but I think
the switch is too early and the old one is working fine, so without
any serious development it satisfies my needs :)