Re: RSS engine

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions.

I really have not put too much thought into details or feasibility at this point.  School occupies a lot of my time right now, but this might make for an interesting summer project for me.

On the screensavers running while nobody is paying attention, our household constantly has two laptops running in the living room.  If they are not in use, they are probably running a photo screensaver.  In addition, I always have my computer running while I'm studying a book.  IMO, it would be great if a screensaver could display news, weather, scores, stock quotes, etc...  Might get a little distracting when I'm studying, however. :)

For another specific example, I spent a few years living in a downtown condo.  Almost everyone else I knew that lived downtown had a computer in a "den" (more like a nook).  A lot of people play music from the computer while they cook, eat, etc.  I think having customized news scrolling across the screen in this scenario would be useful as well.

Of course, with that being said, the text would have to be large enough to be read from at least a few feet away.  Or, at least the headlines.

Anyway, I will put more thought into this in the coming months.