Re: GMime as an external dependency

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 4:26 AM, Luca Ferretti<elle uca libero it> wrote:
> 2009/7/24 Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>:
>> Heya,
>>
>> Yesterday I've replaced the RSS Podcast date parsing in totem-pl-parser
>> to use GMime instead of evolution-data-server's libcamel, which should
>> make it easier to build, and be lighter for dependencies.
>>
>> We require gmime-2.4, which is the current stable version.
>>

> For the record, in jhbuild gmime fails to build C# bindings

Talking to Jeff Stedfast, this is most likely caused by using gtk#
trunk in jhbuild.  Although this will surely be fixed, we recommend
switching jhbuild to gtk# 2.12 (or building from the gtk-sharp-2-12
branch in SVN, which is still maintained).

I am not aware of any schedule indicating a release of gtk# from trunk
by GNOME 2.28 (but I could be wrong).

Hope this helps,
Sandy