Re: Visible control to toggle icons in buttons

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Stefan Kost<ensonic hora-obscura de> wrote:
> Calum Benson schrieb:
>>
>> On 22 Jul 2009, at 11:23, Luca Ferretti wrote:
>>
>>> As all you may know, we recently switched to a "no icons" approach in
>>> both menus[1] and buttons[2].
>>>
>>> Currently the Appearance capplet provides a checkbox to toggle icons
>>> in menus.
>>>
>>> Should we (re)add a checkbox for buttons too? Maybe users that really
>>> want icons on their buttons could appreciate more a checkbox then open
>>> gconf-editor or run gconftool :)
>>
>> Since the decision has been made to go down this route, I'd be more
>> inclined to ask if we wanted to remove the checkbox to toggle icons in
>> menus... but either way, I guess it would make sense to be consistent.
> While I personally won't miss the icons in button too much, I like to
> keep them in my menus.

I can only echo this. On my system when the icons are gone from menus,
the menus still
look as if there /should/ be icons there, only they're not, which is
really ugly.

See http://file.status.net/identica/awalton-20090719T110853-tltvv6t.png.

If that indenting could be fixed it probably wouldn't look so alien,
but as it stands, it's horrible.
I've been running a gtkrc to remove button images for ages though, so
I really won't miss those.

-A. Walton