Re: Visible control to toggle icons in buttons

> From: Stefan Kost <ensonic hora-obscura de>
> To: Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>
> Cc: Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>,	desktop-devel-list
> 	<desktop-devel-list gnome org>
> While I personally won't miss the icons in button too much, I like to
> keep them in my menus. So please don't remove that. I seems to also
> have
> totally missed the *discussion* that lead to the *decission* that
> *we*
> want to remove the icons. With all due respect, I still feel like the
> major advantage is that the art team has to draw less icons (I am not
> saying that you are lazy, you do a great job).
>
> Stefan

+1 for me on the two points :

- I only found the "decision" to remove icons in bugzilla (but I never go to irc where some discussions may have taken place) ; obviously, reading this list is not enough to stay informed with Gnome life..

- yes, I think that a desktop should be configurable ; if an application is called 'Preferences', then it should offer this choice..

Pierre