Re: new dependencies in gvfs

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it> wrote:

> I'm not proposing a solution. I don't know which option is better, I
> even don't know how to judge "better" here. But I feel we need some
> kind of policy to evaluate the inclusion or update of non-optional
> dependencies to "bleeding edge" for system libraries that you can't
> manage via jhbuild (or similar non-invasive approach)

The irony here is that gvfs actually builds just fine without gdu
(using the hal volume monitor instead).
Just jhbuild is not very good at making the option available (since it
won't even try to build gvfs if gnome-disk-utility failed to build,
thanks to the dependencies that are encoded in the moduleset...)