Re: Working with editable cellrenderertext pygtk, obviously missing something?

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 6:16 AM, Karl Lattimer <karl qdh org uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 20:35 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Karl Lattimer <karl qdh org uk> wrote:
>>

>> > But I can't seem to determine any method of identifying which cell value
>> > corresponds to. Do I need to have separate renderers for each column and
>> > set different signals for those columns?
>
>> Yes, reusing cell renderers like that is not going to work well.
>
> Thanks for clarifying, urgh, wouldn't it be nice though if the cell
> renderer knew its column so you could pull this off :/
>
> Never mind, it's only duplicating a few lines of code :/

There is no need to duplicate the signal handler.  You do need
separate cell renderers, but they can be hooked up to the same signal
handler.  The current API does not explicitly disallow to insert a
cell renderer in multiple objects (even though we actively discourage
this), so we could add API to return in which objects (a possible
multiple!) the cell renderer has been inserted.  I am not fully
convinced by the usefulness of that. You can of course always set
object data on the cell renderer and look at this in the signal
handler.

By the way, this is incredibly off-topic for this mailing list,
questions like this are usually handled on gtk-app-devel-list.

regards,

-kris.