[no subject]

Anyway IMO we need to have an IPC to use in the platform.

[...]
> libxml2/libxslt -- We put these into the external deps
> a couple release cycles back. =A0Do we want to continue
> pushing them as part of our platform?

I think its important to have an xml library, what is here
to replace libxml2 ? (maybe I'm missing something...)

[...]
> Libchamplain -- Wicked cool mapping library. =A0This is
> not something I would have thought of as something we
> need to offer. =A0But now that it's here, it's a really
> compelling technology with a lot of potential.

+1 for the ooh-aah factor heh

> Clutter -- Are we actively embracing Clutter, or is it
> just something we're OK with people using? =A0The message
> is unclear.

I am privately embracing Clutter myself, I think its wrong
to consider it as a drop in replacement for GTK+,
right now I would probably recommend Clutter or another
leading canvas like hippo-canvas, to do anything really
fancy in a UI...

> WebKit -- More and more applications are finding uses
> for an embedded HTML rendering widget. =A0I think we need
> to provide one with a solid API. =A0WebKit seems to be the
> direction people are heading in.

just pointing out that the next generation mozilla (xulrunner)
will also sport a portable embeddable GTK+ widget... although I
dont really have an opinion about what we should push in
this regard...

Anyway I should get back to work... thanks for starting this
thread, Im also interested to hear what people have to say ;-)

Cheers,
        -Tristan