Re: Proposing libgdata as a new desktop module

2009/5/8 Josselin Mouette <joss debian org>:
> Le vendredi 08 mai 2009 à 10:32 +0200, Patryk Zawadzki a écrit :
>> Please don't take it as rude but while we sure want to provide a fully
>> open desktop, our users have to store their data *somewhere*. Be it
>> Google (Docs, Contacts, Calendar, Picasa), Yahoo (Flickr) or DropBox.
> Please don’t take it as paranoid, but I think we should try to protect
> our users’ data instead of inciting them to outsource it to a handful of
> companies with no interest in protecting it.

I am not sure what you are trying to say, I actually pay Flickr with
real cash money to store my data there. We shouldn't go as far as to
force or even encourage users to store their data with third parties
but we certainly shouldn't forbid it either. I, for one, *do* want to
use all of these services and can't see why GNOME should make it any
harder :)

--
Patryk Zawadzki