Re: Platform

On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 22:39 +0300, Stefan Kost wrote:
> Shaun McCance schrieb:
> > Avahi -- Service discovery.  This is used in quite a few
> > places.  I know some people in the past had talked about
> > having a simple wrapper in GLib.  How much do we push it?
> >
> Now that apple has closed the whole bonjour stack, I would prefer to build on
> upnp. We have gupnp, which is actively developed and fitting nicely here.

Closed in what way?  Is UPnP any more open?  What do we have
using Zeroconf right now?  What do we have using UPnP?  What
things do we get to choose what to use, versus technologies
that we just have to conform to?

And what are the chances that we could get a wrapper for
either or both of these in GLib?

--
Shaun