Re: Platform

On Thu, 21.05.09 21:30, Stefan Kost (ensonic hora-obscura de) wrote:

> Bastien Nocera schrieb:

> >> See my previous email.
> >
> > The Wikipedia article? There's nothing there saying Apple closed the
> > Bonjour stack.
> >
> > <snip>
> >> I just pointed to the legal situation. I know that those are two
> >> different things and idealy we support them both as needed.
> >
> > A trademark problem? Why is that an issue to us what Apple calls their
> > mDNS stack?
> >
> > I still don't understand what you're worried about...
> >
> this is from lennarts blog:
> http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/bonjour-apache-license.html
> would be good if avahi developers could comment here.

This blog posting of mine refers to the Bonjour software. Not an
abstract technology.

The license of Bonjour (the software) does not matter to us at
all. Since we have an independant implementation called "Avahi" which
shares no code with Bonjour (the software).

The license of Bonjour (the trademark) does not matter to us at all
either since we don't use that for anything.

All that should matter to us are mDNS/DNS-SD (the technology) and
Avahi (the software) both of which are open and free.

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net