Re: Appearance properties

Le 10/11/2009 18:18, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 17:58 +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:
Le 10/11/2009 17:36, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 17:23 +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:
Le 10/11/2009 15:23, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
<snip>
It is quite simple : this change affected all ISV (we could say inkscape
was an ISV for instance, or Firefox) which were using GTK+, without any
kind of prior notification to be able to fix their application.

That is the reason why I had to revert the "icon in button" and "icon in
menu" on Mandriva Linux 2010.

Vendors had 4 months head-way to test for changes, and fix them. If 4
months isn't enough, I'm not sure how much advance warning we need to
give for something so easily fixable.

I don't remember seeing the announcement for this change anywhere and
people discovered it after libgnome 2.27.5 was released in end of july
(or a little before when it was committed on July 14).

It was posted to d-d-l, and Andreas blogged about it on Planet. I'm not
sure what else we can do.

Andreas blogged about it after the changes, on July 24, as "GNOME Art team" (which sound strange, I would expect this kind of change to be discussed and announced by usability team)).

The "announcement" was a simple "Visible control to toggle icons in buttons" with absolutely nothing indicative of what people might find in the mail itself and was sent on July 22.

That is not "proper" announcement.

There was no prior discussion on usability list and when people raised concerns on it after the change was made (and even now) or how it was made, they are being treated like children.

PS : there is no need to cc me for any reply, I'm subscribed to this list.
--
Frederic Crozat
Mandriva