Re: Proposing couchdb-glib and evolution-couchdb for GNOME 2.30

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 11:40 +0200, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:

> > no, shouldn't be a big task, as confirmed by the CouchDB developers this
> > afternoon. The only thing that I'm not sure about is that they mentioned
> > e4x
> > (http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-357.htm )
> > being needed in the JS implementation, so does libseed support that?
>
> Hm... I don't get why XML processing would be needed. All there is to
> it should be described here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/View_server?action=show&redirect=ViewServer
>
> Of course this means that all views should be written in a language
> supported by the ViewServer (that is, JS/libseed/webkit). Or maybe it
> is because they use some XML processing with JS internally - but I
> actually didn't think that the couch server would require libmozjs,
> only the external viewserver /usr/lib/couchdb/bin/couchjs?

right, but from a couchdb developer:

"Many people consider e4x
(http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-357.htm)
to be a feature available in couchdb JS views"

so, that's the reason, I guess people heavily use it for writing views?
Will get more information later