Re: gconf key for the equivalent of F7?

Thanks Shaun!

Epiphany and Evolution also both respond to F7 to enable
caret navigation.  (And, by the way, though Yelp stores
this in GConf, it also responds to F7.)  We're seeing
more and more applications use an HTML renderer for core
parts of their interfaces, such as Gwibber, and Empathy
with the Adium theme.

I also wonder if non-editable GtkTextView widgets should
be doing something here.

It's definitely something that is becoming more common, and I think you either want it or not versus turning it on in one application and disabling it in another.

If we had a desktop-wide setting (possibly propagated by
an xsetting), then GTK+/Gecko/WebKit/etc could just pick
it up and do the right thing, without any extra work from
application developers.

The XSetting notion is interesting. Which component would we file and RFE for to get this? gnome-settings-daemon?

Will