Re: New module proposal: tracker

On 27/10/09 16:09, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Shaun McCance<shaunm gnome org>  wrote:
I get the impression that the focus is more on data storage
than indexing these days.  I respect what the Tracker folks
are trying to do, but I just need a good indexer to enable
full-text search in Yelp.

Yes, we are on GIMPNet in #tracker. A good time is usually any time between 10:00 and 15:00 CET. We should be there. Speak to either:

  martyn, garnacho, ottela, pvanhoof, juergbi or frade.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a system service available for
such resources? Reindexing system help for each and every user seems a
bit of an overkill. Back then, during my university years Visual
Studio used to do this and often resulted in people locking themselves
out of the network due to automatic quota policies ;)

This is a good point.

--
Regards,
Martyn