Re: Decision to remove icons from gnome-panel main menu

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 12:25:20PM +0300, Peteris Krisjanis wrote:
> I know there's have been some disagreement about having or not having
> "too much icons" in GNOME system, but it seems someone is tired of
> arguing and have taken matters in their own hands. Results are awful
> in my very personal opinion. GNOME icons are best of the breed as
> visual indicators and helps a LOT to navigate fast trough menus. Now I
> have to waste lot of time to read labels another and another time just
> to make sure I click on right thing.

  I agree that less visual cues make finding things harder. But thing
about it as an incentive to upgrade to gnome-shell. You have choice:
classic panel, harder to use than before or new GNOME 3.0 way,
which is loaded with icons.

--
Tomasz Torcz                 "God, root, what's the difference?"
xmpp: zdzichubg chrome pl         "God is more forgiving."