RE: Waiting for GNOME 2.30 (=3.0)

On Sat, 2009-09-12 at 17:39 +0100, Uros Nedic wrote:
> Thank you for answer. When someone joined on this list for
> only a month, it is very hard to track everything what has
> been discussed. Some digest like this always helps.
>
> Regarding 3D, do you plan to implement Gallium3D approach
> or you will do it in old fashioned way?
>
> Uros

AFAIK Gallium3D is rather an architecture of drivers then public API.
OpenGL (DirectX from Wine - whatever.) uses Gallium3D under the hood but
you are suppose to use OGL/DX etc. interfaces instead of G3D.

Therefore G3D as it have nothing directly in common with Gnome. It will
use OpenGL API, which in future will be based on G3D drivers - but from
programmer standpoint (or user if we exclude speed) there is no
difference (you use the same API).

Gallium3D is 'interesting' only for driver writers.

Regards