Re: Module Proposal: GNOME Shell

2010/4/6 Andrew Cowie <andrew operationaldynamics com>:
> Anyway, I think you're on the right track to presume 3D capability, but
> I don't think we should be so dismissive of concerns from people on less
> capable hardware or those who are remoting or virtualized. Especially in
> the later case, that's how lots of people preview things like new Linux
> releases, so we're exposed to risk of people forming unfortunate first
> impressions.

I think however, that we sometimes underestimate the relevance our own
community has, can't we try to approach the nVidia guys as the
foundation (maybe with a joint approach with the Linux Foundation
guys), and try to help/push them to be GNOME 3 Ready?

At the end of the day is a win-win situation as far as I can tell.