Re: Module Proposal: Zeitgeist

2010/4/22 Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org>:
> "We are discussing the issue and we don't see a problem to have our
> trunk from launchpad ported to git with every release.", but release
> team is too late for translators.

Yeah, I agree that copying stuff over just before we release isn't
really useful.

Here is what I envision:

 - Translations handled using GNOME infrastructure, that's fine.

 - For the code, "trunk" could be moved to Git with Launchpad
mirroring it. Most of the actual development would probably still
happen in branches, but periodically landed into trunk. Rodrigo said
that's what he does too so I don't see how it's a problem. (By the
way, Seif and Markus will need Git accounts if that's what we do).

 - Switching to another interface for bug/blueprints/reviews part is
the biggest issue (it's not about the data, but the fact that
Launchpad is what works best for us). Personally I'd be happy with a
middle-ground like having Launchpad as the main tracker, but accepting
bug reports on Bugzilla and forwarding those to Launchpad.

Cheers,

Free Software Developer       363DEAE3