Re: new module proposal: gobject-introspection

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:05 AM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
> We've made a good
> amount of progress in allowing Vala to be rebased on introspection as
> well (though there is one major blocker still left for that).

   The nested namespace issue you mentioned below?

> 1) gir-repository should be dead - people please stop depending on it.
> It's pretty high priority for me to get gnome-shell switched over to
> the GTK+ introspection built stack.

  Isn't death of gir-repository awaiting for moving all gir/typelib to
respective libraries rather than for applications to stop depending on
gir-repository?

> 2) API/ABI stability.  I'm going to try really hard on this.  If we end
> up doing nested namespaces for Vala some things will get harder,
> but we'll see.

  Talking of namespaces, is it correct that gir does not allow
multiple libs to share a namespace? If so, that could be bigger issue
than not supporting nested namespaces AFAICT.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124